Small query on distribution lists

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jul 23 10:45:14 UTC 2010

Timothy Murphy ha scritto:
> I've recently set up a couple of distribution lists
> using KMail/KAddressBook.
> This works quite well;
> but I wondered if there is any way
> of making the To line give the name of the list
> rather than the people on the list,
> as for example Mailman does?

AFAIK the To line reflects the mail envelope as specified in the
appropriate RFC, so no chance to modify it, whichever mail client you
use. Even if locally hidden, (which isn't very smart indeed) it will be
seen by all recipients.
My workaround: to use some aliases of my own mail address, sort of
MyList<myself at myprovider.com> in the To line, and put the actual list as
CC (if recipients are entitled to see all others), or as BCC (to hide
the distribution list, for privacy concerns).

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)