Small query on distribution lists

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jul 23 11:54:57 UTC 2010

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I've recently set up a couple of distribution lists
> using KMail/KAddressBook.
> This works quite well;
> but I wondered if there is any way
> of making the To line give the name of the list
> rather than the people on the list,
> as for example Mailman does?

I guess I mis-stated what Mailman does.
I think it posts to each person on the list separately,
with the name of the list added to the Subject line.

So I suppose my query should be:
Is it possible to set up a distribution list
in KMail/KAddressBook
so that mail is sent to each member separately?

I find it slightly off-putting if there is a mailing-list
with say 100 members
to have to go halfway down the page past the list of recipients.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net