Small query on distribution lists

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 23 17:54:01 UTC 2010

*correcting post to wrong tsl*

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I've recently set up a couple of distribution lists using
> KMail/KAddressBook. This works quite well; but I wondered if there is any
> way of making the To line give the name of the list rather than the people
> on the list, as for example Mailman does?

how what appears in 'To:' depends on how ones email address book is set up.

the 'To:' in this reply will appear to me as 'example mail list' because
my address book is configured to *display* 'example mail list' for email
address of 'geleem at bellsouth.net'.

for it to appear this way in a recipient's email, they would have to have
a similar entry in their address book.

or so it works with thunderbird.

hth.

--