Small query on distribution lists

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Jul 26 10:27:28 UTC 2010

Am Montag, 26. Juli 2010 schrieb Timothy Murphy:

> >> But I don't imagine it would be very difficult
> >> to add that facility to KMail.
> >> As you say, KMail asks KAddressBook for an address or addresses.
> >> Surely it would be almost trivial if several addresses are
> >> given, as by a distribution list,
> >> to ask if they should be sent separately or in one email.
> >
> > Maybe it's not that difficult. But, as you may obtain the same
> > effect just by putting the list name in the Blind Carbon Copy
> > (BCC) line (as opposed to the To line), even the small effort
> > required could not be worth the pain.
>
> Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly.
> I want to avoid a very long To: line
> so I don't have to scroll past dozens of members' addresses
> to read the message.

Perhaps Giuliano was not clearly: If you add all the recipients to the
BCC field (via distribution list or directly) no one will see them
(that is the reason it is call blind carbon copy) and therefore the to
line may even be empty (but it is good practice to add at least one
mail address).

Try it out.

Martin