KDE desktop effects

Christian Jann christian_jann at yahoo.de
Sat Jul 31 07:40:40 UTC 2010

> No, I don't think I'm confusing those two. By "maximized" I mean the
thing
> that gets triggered when one clicks the appropriate button in the
top right
> corner of the window titlebar, between minimize and close
buttons. The
> window gets spread across the screen, but does not go into
fullscreen.
> It's just the common usual "maximize" feature that exists
basically on all
> window managers (and on all OSes :-) ).
>
> Now, when
the window is in this state, I don't seem to see window borders,
> except
the window titlebar on top. Maybe the borders are too thin for me to

notice, or maybe they are not there at all (can one configure their

thickness anywhere?). Either way, I cannot seem to navigate the mouse to

"grab&drag" a window border. Or even if I could, that would probably

resize the window rather than fold it like paper (the F13 machine is not

here for me to check right now). In emerald, if the window is *not*

maximized, dragging the border also resizes it by default, but if it *is*

maximized, dragging the window border does this paper-folding effect

instead of resizing.

http://imagebin.ca/view/AOgOio3x.html