Scrambled screen, then no Fedora

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 5 09:10:06 UTC 2010

On Saturday 05 June 2010 08:15:26 Anne Wilson wrote:
>CIFS mount - on the occasion when all 3 NFS mounts were listed I was able
> to  type in the user password.  On the times when less that 3 were listed
> no input was recognised.  Coincidence?  I don't know.

That part clearly is coincidence, since I've just seen all three listed and it
still wouldn't accept keyboard input.

It seems I have a solution - but I don't quite understand it, so perhaps you
could explain.  I commented out the fstab cifs line, thinking I could add it
again later when I've sorted things out.  There was a long delay in booting,
while the nfs mounts were said ot have failed.  Then I saw 'Mounting other
filesystems' succeed.  When the desktop is fully loaded, dolphin tells me that
all the nfs mounts AND the samba mount are working!

Of course, why the screen scrambled the way it did is a separate issue, and
I've no clue about that.

KDE Community Working Group