Scrambled screen, then no Fedora

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Tue Jun 8 20:36:46 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag, 6. Juni 2010 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 06 June 2010 09:27:27 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > > So - are there any problems associated with running both the
> > > network service and networkManager?  It seems to me that they
> > > could conflict, since both expect to be in control.
> >
> > I run both for more than a year and never had any problems (on
> > three different computers). But I don't use any wireless Linux
> > system (as I don't have any), so with this it may be different.
>
> I'll report back if I meet any.  Thanks for the help.

Since I reset my NetworkManager start order from S27 to S23 I have
some ugly problems with NFS. I got error messages that there are NFS
mount already mounted and afterwards accessing NFS is incredible slow
(My /home folder is a NFS mount, so login is nearly impossible). This
problem is already known and seems to be a NetworkManager problem (see
http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?30,87161 )

I had no problems as long as NetworkManager starts after netfs. This
NetworkManager thing seems to run something like netfs by its own. In
the listed link they suggest to set NETWORKWAIT=yes in the
/etc/sysconfig/network file.

I think I have to look much deeper into the NetworManager stuff.

> Anne

Martin