kde-4.5 beta2 (4.4.85) in kde-unstable, f12, f13

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 19:36:02 UTC 2010

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Feedback, bugs, welcome as usual.  Enjoy.
Discovered it yesterday afternoon and got it on both desk- and laptops :-)

Many bugs fixed from beta1, like I can now use knode without it crashing and
kmail is much snappier, for starters. Also:

I definitely like that they got rid of the kludgey zoom in/zoom out business
with plasma activities (there were always more activities than one had ever
created, sometimes they would zoom in not on the correct boundaries, so you got
part of one activity and part of another on a vertual desktop, etc.).

The new icons for the system tray look very elegant and the notifications now
stay long enough that you can actually read/respond to them, and you can delete
them it you wish, or retain them.