kde 4.4.80-1 & 4.4.85

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 22:55:07 UTC 2010

John R wrote:

> (for example, deleting a file)

I had problems with Dolphin in 4.4.80, but it appears to be resolved in 4.4.85.
Dolphin would just kind of lock up when right-clicking a file that I planned to
delete and I was unable to do anything for about 45 seconds, then it would come
back to life and function normally.

> custom background settings

This affected me in 4.4.80 on the initial boot after upgrading, but I didn't
have such a problem when upgrading to 4.4.85. Are you sure you are using the
same plasma desktop activity, or could a different one have gotten selected?

> We appreciate help in resolving these issues.

I cannot help you there and would be surprised, were there to be a fix, but
take heart... this is beta 2 and release candidate 1 is on the way in 2 weeks.
It shouldn't be that bad, eh?