yum update failure with kde packages

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 15 06:03:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Ryan Rix <ry at n.rix.si> wrote:
> On Mon 14 June 2010 4:27:53 pm Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> 2) You also have a large number of yum plugins enabled. Do you need them
>> all? Hint: I use 6, you use 15. Not necessarily bad, but fewer plugins
>> means fewer things to go wrong.
>
> So? The number of plugins enabled don't affect the content of the repos, or
> yum's depsolving ability (or in this case inability).

Well, not completely true. The numbers might not affect it, some
plugins can do. Look at the protect* plugins.

>> And finally a couple of list-etiquette comments:
>>
>> a) Don't reply to digests. You could easily have posted this message
>> directly rather than as a reply (in fact it isn't even in reply to the
>> contents of the digest). Replying and changing the Subject line isn't a
>> substitute.
>
> It didn't break threading or anything, why does it matter? That's just being
> pedantic.

Replying to digests seems not the real problem, kind of a full quote
of the digest is anoying. I guess that's what poc meant.

> Ryan "I thought mailing lists were supposed to have polite help" Rix

Heh, check out kernel ML or often enough fed-devel ML ;)

Anyways, make love not war! :D

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium