KDE-SIG meeting report (24/2010)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 15:47:40 UTC 2010

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
 to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 24/2010

Time: 2010-06-15 14:00 UTC

Meeting page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2010-06-15

Meeting minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-
meeting/2010-06-15/kde-sig.2010-06-15-13.59.html

Meeting log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-06-15/kde-
sig.2010-06-15-13.59.log.html

= Participants =
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Kevin Kofler
* Rex Dieter
* Steven Parrish
* Than Ngo
* Thomas Janssen
* Lukas Tinkl

= Agenda =
    *  topics to discuss:
          o kde-4.4.4 update status
          o QtWebKit security update status
          o triaging/upstreaming high-profile bugs (nepomuk, kpackagekit,
knetworkmanager)
    * recent bugs:
          o gstreamer-plugins-good-0.10.23-1 : phonon-backend-gstreamer
jittery playback

= Summary =
kde-4.4.4 update status
    * AGREED: kde-4.4.4 updates to be queue'd for stable updates asap

QtWebKit security update status
    * patched 4.6.3 builds are underway, work-in-progress, updates to be
submitted when ready
    * ltinkl to take care of backporting to F11 (different Qt)
          o we don't want to push qt 4.6.3 to F11
          o kde-redhat can host unofficial qt-4.6.3 builds for F11

triaging/upstreaming high-profile bugs (nepomuk, kpackagekit, knetworkmanager)
    * we have to take care about high profile bug reports - nepomuk, kpk, knm
    * SMParrish to count up outstanding nepomuk abrt bugs, and request
assistance for triaging as needed
    * thomasj volunteers triaging help

gstreamer-plugins-good-0.10.23-1 : phonon-backend-gstreamer jittery playback
    * rdieter will continue to debug/diagnose, provide information on upstream
bug. ltinkl to help confirm findings

Fedora-Tour
    * do we want this Gtk based app in Fedora KDE Desktop Edition?
          o size constraints

= Next Meeting =
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2010-06-22
--