Problem Building knutclient Against Rawhide

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed Jun 16 17:36:53 UTC 2010

Hi Thomas, Rex

Thanks so very much for helping me to resolve the issue. I reported the bug
via email to the developer (Daniel) over at:

http://sites.google.com/a/prynych.cz/knutclient/

There did not seem to be any obvious place to report the bug on his website.

The email I sent contained the patches provided and the email I sent follows
below.

Once again thanks for all your help.

Eli

Hi Daniel

I'm the package maintainer over at Fedora for knutclient. There was a problem
building knutclient for the upcoming Fedora 14. The problem stemed from the
fact that meinproc4 changed between 4.4.3/4 and 4.4.xx (4.5) and that a change
needed to be made to change the call from version 4.1.x VV-1.0 to 4.2 VV-1.1.

Consequently Fedora's build system reported:

> Generating index.cache.bz2
> cd /builddir/build/BUILD/knutclient-1.0.1/doc/en && /usr/bin/meinproc4
> --check --cache
> /builddir/build/BUILD/knutclient-1.0.1/i686-redhat-linux-
gnu/doc/en/index.cache.bz2
> /builddir/build/BUILD/knutclient-1.0.1/doc/en/index.docbook
> Generating knutprefdlg.moc
> index.docbook:11: warning: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"

Rex Dieter, who pinpointed the problem and Thomas Janssen who provided 2
patches that fixes the issue helped me to resolve the issue mentioned. The
patches are provided in this email.

If there is a better place to report the bug please let me know.

Thanks

Eli

believed to be clean.