Just updated 4.4.85

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sat Jun 19 04:59:16 UTC 2010

On Saturday 19 June 2010 01:23:24 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > Might I suggest a development branch in the repository?
>
> I'm sorry, but we don't really have the resources to build packages more
> often than upstream does prereleases. Building packages looks easy at
> first, but it turns out to be quite some work.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Hi Kevin

That's not what I'm suggesting. And I never assumed for one second that
building the packages was easy. I know from the small experience that I have
building the few packages that I do that it can be quite the pain.

It turns out, that the qt 4.7 beta releases fixed some nagging issues regarding
the startup of the Kontact Akonadi combo. Finally, I do not get bugged about
not finding resources. The problem fixes issues for the 4.4.x series as well as
the 4.5 pre-release issue. Normally a new release gets pushed to unstable (ie
4.4) before moving on to testing etc. But, because unstable was otherwise
occupied by 4.4.85, there was not chance for this to happen. Having a
development branch would allow this kinda conflict to be resolved. And also
allow a more selective push of compenents from development to unstable as
favorable results come in such as the 4.7 fix of kdepim.

Eli

believed to be clean.