Slight Firefox problem

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 14:20:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 14:09 +0000, g wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Also, FF is a Gnome (GTK) app on Linux.
>
> linux version of firefox works kde as well as gnome.
> [recall other thread?]

On Linux FF uses the GTK libraries and not the Qt ones. The fact that
you run it in your KDE session is irrelevant. I'm posting this with
Evolution (another GTK app) running under KDE. If that were not the case
it would be considerably harder to use KDE at all in Fedora, e.g. the
GTK-based nm-applet was for a long time the only way to configure
NetworkManager.

poc