Just updated 4.4.85

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jun 19 23:08:57 UTC 2010

Markus wrote:
> openSUSE uses Build Service to automatically generate packages from
> KDE-Trunk once per week.

Those packages are mostly vanilla, missing most of openSUSE's many patches.
We want our packages to have our patches. They're all there for a reason. It
takes work to rebase those patches.

The packages also don't even come close to conforming to the Fedora
packaging guidelines.

> Build Service can also generate packages for Fedora.

A build system is not what we're missing.

And I strongly recommend against using Fedora-targeted packages out of the
openSUSE Build Service for something as central as KDE, it's bound to cause
many incompatibilities, unless we just use it to build the same kind of
packages we do now, and then the service doesn't help us much, since
building is not where most of the work is in, rebasing stuff and fixing
stuff which doesn't build is.

        Kevin Kofler