Cursor icon

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Jun 20 16:30:26 UTC 2010

Rex Dieter wrote:

>> What determines which cursor icon is used within applications?
>> I'm trying to use qcad and inkscape to trace a house plan,
>> and need a sharp pointer, but get a hand icon instead.
>> Is there any way of getting the pointer I want?
>
> It's part of your cursor theme (like icon theme), see
> systemsettings->keyboard&mouse->mouse->cursor theme
> to change it

Thanks.
Actually, I did look at this,
but it seemed the only cursor themes available
(on my system) are dmz, dmz-aa and KDE Classic.
None of them seemed to have a very appropriate cursor
for the application I was using (inkscape).

Is there any way of specifying a particular cursor
for a particular role?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net