Shutdown Issue

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Tue Jun 22 07:54:33 UTC 2010

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with this.

A colleague at work recently upgraded from F12 to 13 on his Dell
Inspirion 1545 with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330. Everything seems
to be working just fine, except, when he initiates a shutdown it hangs
at the end.

I think it might have something to do with the opensource driver,
because when he had the proprietary driver installed from rpmfusion
for F12 there was no such issue. When he had the opensource driver
installed in F12 before the proprietary driver became available, his
computer experienced the same issue. Now that there is no proprietary
driver available for F13 again he is forced to use the opensource
driver. Mind you, the performance has improved immensely, but he still
can't shutdown the computer correctly.

Any ideas

Eli