xterm not in KDE menus anywhere?

Richard Zidlicky rz at linux-m68k.org
Wed Jun 23 11:54:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

> It's not my decision to make but personally i think it makes perfect
> sense to keep xterm hidden. Why anybody would want it when konsole
> does the same thing but fits into kde better is beyond me and keeping
> it hidden reduces confusion for users who have would otherwise have
> two console apps that do the same thing but if they select xterm by
> accident get (comparatively) missing features.

I do not care how deeply it is hidden in whichever menus but it should be
easy to add to the favorites and desktop. In F12 I did not find a way to add
it to favorites as did could not figure out any other way to add it to the
desktop than manually crafting a desktop file.

There are sure many nice alternatives but it does what I need and I got used
to what I use since 1990... as far as I remember without a single segfault.
I also expect to copy my dotfiles and have my expected behaviour without any
novelties.

Richard