kde-4.5-rc1 (4.4.90) in kde-unstable repos

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 08:52:56 UTC 2010

On Saturday, June 26, 2010 18:41:53 Rex Dieter wrote:
> subject says it all.  You know the drill, feedback/testing encouraged
> and welcome, and enjoy.

just a few comments:
- cashew(desktop)->activities has no icon

- it's no longer possible to start korganizer by clicking korganizer reminder
icon in systray

- systray popup instead of systray growth - I don't like it, but I think I'll
get used to it

- keyboard layout icon in systray is hardly visible (black text on black
background with dark gray shadow - I have no flags), ctrl-alt-k shortcut
stopped working after upgrade from 4.4, when I try to add this shortcut
(sysset->input->keyboard->Layouts->Shortcuts for switching->alternative
shortcut:ctrl-alt-k), it tells me "the shortcut 'ctrl-alt-k' conflicts with
shortcut in kxkb for action 'switch to next keyboard layout'

- notifications seems "odd" I'm getting much more spam (I got a few "private"
kio complete messages from kmail and kopete) and seems it's more persistent
(kopete's "contant has changed status" can spam notifications after a whole day
quite well)

+ notification can show complete message (more often), for example wall 'hello
world' does not display complete message in kde 4.4, but still some problems
with non-breakable long lines

- new tab for konsole keyboard shortcut is ctrl-shift-t (it used to be -n), I
can see the point because a lot of sw uses 't' for new tab, but for now it's
quite irritating before I get used to it

- system settings "akonadi configuration" under "Lost and Found" category,
what's that???

Anyway, good work guys!