fc11 layout indicator disapeared after update

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Mar 1 10:34:28 UTC 2010

Dj YB wrote:
> correction, this problem is only in cairo-dock tray
> when I use the plasma tray there is no problem.

The keyboard layout indicator now uses the new KStatusNotifierItem class
instead of the old KSystemTrayIcon. This implements a new, more modern
systray protocol. It can fall back to the old one when run under a non-KDE
desktop, but you're running a non-KDE systray under KDE, which isn't really
supported.

Try disabling the status notifier watcher kded4 service under System
Settings / Advanced / Service management, that should make
KStatusNotifierItem fallback to the legacy systray protocol which is
supported by cairo-dock.

        Kevin Kofler