Have I missed fix for 4.4 login problem?

Dwight Paige dwightpaige79 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 02:33:10 UTC 2010

For me since upgrade to 4.4 [similar in openSuSE and Mandriva] when
logging in I either have to hit enter really quick or login screen
freezes. Autologin simply doesn't work.  Oddly after login screen
freezes I can select Shutdown then Cancel and it will login to the
preselected user account.

/etc.../kdmrc has been edited to autologin one specific user and same
user with no pw [this being a one person box]. Should mention there are
3 user accounts in each distro. Autologin and login in general worked
normally until upgrading to KDE 4.4 [same in SuSE and Mandriva]. I've
been watching this list and don't recall seeing anything about this. Or
did I miss it? Admittedly I don't work in front of a computer all day
[printing pressman] and sometimes get busy and miss things... Though I
have searched Fedora, Mandriva, and KDE forums and KDE bugzilla some what.

--
Thanks,
Dwight Paige

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.