Konqueror and Gmail

Mitchell Richters mjr4077au at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 22:15:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>wrote:

> Thomas Janssen wrote:
> > See, your personal use case ;) All i said in the first place was that
> > every user uses what fits his needs. And leaving that up to the user
> > is what is polite and falls under be excellent to each other ;) (i do
> > know sometimes it's hard to be excellent or polite). If you think you
> > have to share/spread the word of what you use, you could do it better.
> > For example just tell people what you use and leave it up to them to
> > decide what's better ;) But as always, nobody has to take advice from
> > me. And as well, i'm always impressed by your knowledge.
>
> I'm sorry, but it's just that to me asking "Why doesn't my browser work
> with
> my e-mail provider?" is a bit like asking "Why doesn't my cow lay eggs?"
> ;-)
> It's not what it is designed for. :-)
>
> That said, of course there are reasons for webmail to exist, it wouldn't
> exist otherwise. ;-) But still, the option to use KMail with IMAP should at
> least be considered, especially as IMAP doesn't preclude using the webmail
> on machines on which you don't have access to KMail.
>
>        Kevin Kofler

I personally admit I use my Gmail with an IMAP client. Thunderbird is what I
used to use, but I have been running KMail for the last fortnight. I've used
Evolution and I think it probably has the edge on KMail, but thats just my
personal opinion.

I will say though, I don't think theres anything wrong with using Gmail in a
browser. It offers a great user experience, better than any other webmail.
If you're not a fan of AJAX technology, you can roll it back to the legacy
HTML version :)

Cheers,
Mitch.