konq as kfm new annoyances

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Fri Mar 5 05:00:36 UTC 2010

Patrick Boutilier wrote, On 03/04/2010 05:28 AM:
> On 03/04/2010 01:01 AM, Gene Smith wrote:
>> Patrick Boutilier wrote, On 03/03/2010 06:01 AM:
>>
>>> Don't see that here. Rename box is big enough to add 32 characters to
>>> the file name before scrolling starts.
>>
>> You are running kde 4.4 right? (I didn't see this either before 4.4.) If
>> so, I must
>> have something set-up wrong.  ??
>
> Yes, 4.4
>

>> My rename box is the same size as the original filename. I see this in
>> dolphin and konq.
>
> Not seeing it in either dolphin or konq. Can anybody else add what they
> see? Really small rename dialog or not for a small file, say f.c ?

Ah, I think I may know why we see different things. I tried this as a
different user and they had konq/dolph set to *not* rename inline. I
always use rename inline and I suspect you don't. The "rename" box in
the rename dialog box is as wide as the dialog box and much longer than
the typical filename so there is is no shifting or hiding of text.