Network Management - probably pebcak needs sorting

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 7 19:13:57 UTC 2010

On Sunday 07 March 2010 19:02:43 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> If I am not mistaken,, you have either
> knetworkmanager or NetworkManager-gnome
> installed, not both.

That seems likely.  However, I'm not sure whether there would be any side-
effects from removing NetworkManager-gnome.  Anyway, I've taken the bit
between the teeth and removed it.  I guess it will need a reboot to make the
change read, but I can't do that just now.  I'll do it as soon as I can.

> Correct me if I'm wrong, and how does this affect
> systems where both KDE and Gnome are installed?

I would have thought that either should work with both, since the libraries
for both are installed, but that's guesswork.

> However, I am not able to get a wireless network
> connection established with knetworkmanager. It
> works fine for wired.
>
> See bugzilla #570947.

Well I know that I can't get one on this laptop whenever I'm working here.  I
suspect telephone wireless interference.  If I can get knetworkmanager to look
promising I'll give it a try in a place that I know has a better chance.

KDE Community Working Group