Network Management - probably pebcak needs sorting

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 8 18:58:40 UTC 2010

On Monday 08 March 2010 17:42:20 Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> Encryption key: long string
> Security mode:open      #should be WPA-PSK
>
> That looks to me like you are using WEP.
>

> Mine on WPA2 looks like:

This router is not young enough to have WPA2 - but WPA1 should work fine.

>   Encryption key:off
>   Power Management:off

Decision made.  I'm leaving it for tonight.  I probably won't have time
tomorrow, but then I'll get out the netbook.  I use that for roaming, so it
has connected with various public (open) networks.  I'll see if I can copy
configurations from there.

KDE Community Working Group