RFC: kde stability proposal (redux)

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:19:56 UTC 2010

Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> people are relying on KDE and KDE apps
> to get things done for work and pleasure

IMO, fedora is a 'cutting edge' distro and it is
the testing ground for red hat. fedora is a
wonderful 'gift' and I dread (!!!) the day they
might decide to pull the plug and make us all pay
:-( at the present, our bug reports are our means
of payment to help them make red hat a better
product.

fedora has always been excellent and the quality
of the work is of the highest standard (try any
other distro for even an hour to see what I mean)
and the integration of the latest available
updates is smooth and with barely a glitch, and
then only briefly, at most a night (and this has
only occurred twice in at least 2 years! once it
was an Xorg issue to do with modesetting, the
other time sesame2 vs virtuoso confusion).

People who expect never to encounter a bug, or
who cannot afford to encounter a bug (pretty well
impossible in a testing ground, and any work- or
play-stopping ones have been fixed the following
morning, or sooner, if one looks on koji or
follows the bugzilla thread) should be using red
hat, not fedora.