RFC: kde stability proposal (redux)

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed Mar 10 05:24:05 UTC 2010

Kevin.... Forgive me.... Stubbornly sticking to a philosophy and code that
clearly does not work well... is self defeating....And I care enough about KDE
and Fedora to packages and a couple of apps. To provide what assistance I can
as time permits. To monitor (not as closely as I would like) the discussions
that go on in this mailing list and to try in my poor way to motivate positive
changes if I feel their is a need to.

Developers of websites care about browsers in this order.

1) Ineternet Explorer
2) Firefox
3) Everything Else.

And its usually up to everyone else to do what needs to be done to get their
browser to work otherwise people can't use it, even if they want to. Konqueror
is capable of using webkit as its main rendering engine. Chrome uses webkit.
Chrome works, KDE based aps don't. Hell their are times when I've tried to
access pages on KDE's site and have seen Konqueror crash.

So forgive what might be my ignorance and the rhetorical question..... Hey
after so many years of crashing and the occaissional rendering issue... What
Gives??

Eli

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 01:36:17 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > Yet every other browser seems to work just fine with it
>
> Adobe doesn't give a darn about Konqueror. The Konqueror developers are
> already doing what they can to make it work. But ultimately, proprietary
> software cannot be relied on.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

believed to be clean.