kde bug reporting assistant broken?

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 19 11:16:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, second time I tried to report a bug.  It's not me.
>
> After putting a sentence explaining what I was doing before the crash, I get
> a dialog asking if I can tell some more.  I choose no.  Then my only choice
> is quit of save the information - not send it in.  And, if I pick save, and
> then I see it means save to a file, and I cancel, the whole thing just
> quits.  This is exactly what happened the last time.  Really frustrating
> that I spent all the effort to download debuginfo, check dups, and it was a
> complete waste of time.

Means the information given wasn't enough for a good bugreport. The
first sentence is kinda a header telling the general problem. The
second (you said no) is where to give more information/telling what
you did. Without that information (tell some more) it's not a useful
bugreport. The behavior changed lately. Sending old style bugreports,
without further information isn't possible any more AFAIK.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium