address book problems

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 21 16:51:05 UTC 2010

On Sunday 21 March 2010 15:34:05 John Aldrich wrote:
> Eli, Anne:
> I have tried Eli's suggestion and it does not help. I still cannot select
> or search for the spam report email address that I entered in the KMail
> address book. :-( It just does not show up.
> In addition, when I went back to the address book immediately after
> following Eli's instructions, that email address was not in there. Any
> suggestions on how to make it "save" that address book entry?

For clarity's sake, let's start afresh.  First, if you haven't set up the tray
icon (type akonadi into krunner and select it), do it now.

Right-click on the icon and select Configure.  List the addressbook resources
you see there.  For each one, check Modify and tell us where it points to.

You will almost certainly see some 'Offline' messages - ignore them.  It's a
known bug that has no impact on your work.

Then open KAddressBook - either within Kontact or stand-alone and tell us what
addressbooks you have there.

We'll tackle your saving problem once we know exactly what you have and
haven't got set up.

KDE Community Working Group