Nepomuk/Strigi issue(?): files re-indexed after reboot

Steven P. Ulrick fedora-kde at afolkey2.net
Mon Mar 22 08:09:02 UTC 2010

> Hello Everyone
> 	I apologize if this has already been covered.  If it has, I haven't
> seen it.
> 	My issue is that I rebooted my Fedora 12 system recently.  Nepomuk
> started up just like it is supposed to.  Unfortunately, the Nepomuk
status
> window said that something like 6,000 to 7,000 files had been indexed.  I
> checked my music collection, and sure enough, the mp3's that I checked
were
> not showing metadata in the expected location in Dolphin.  So, it looks
> like for some reason, Nepomuk started re-indexing my files.
> 	That was the bad part.  This is a kind of odd part: before I had over
> 25,000 files indexed, and the size of my Nepomuk Store was 3.2 GiB.  So,
> rebooted, Nepomuk started re-indexing my files, BUT the Store size was
> still 3.2 GiB.  So I "assume" that my database had not been destroyed,
but
> Nepomuk just started re-indexing my files for some reason...  Also, like
> said earlier, the metadata that had been displayed in Dolphin before I
> rebooted was gone after I booted back up.  But, my Store size was still
the
> same...
>
> Anyway, has anyone else had this issue?  I will attempt to look for bug
> reports to attach my comments to.  If I don't find any, please let me
know
> the exact component to file this particular issue under.

Hello Again,
	I rebooted last night, and this morning I logged back in again.  The
Nepomuk Store was still 3.2 GiB, but only approximately 417 files had been
indexed!
	I will glad do what I can to figure out what is causing this issue.
If I don't here from anyone in a few days or so,  I will just find out
where this 3.2 GiB store is located, delete it, and disable Nepmuk.  That
would be unfortunate, since for the brief time that it was actually working
for me, it looked really interesting and useful.

Steven P. Ulrick