address book problems

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Tue Mar 23 20:44:35 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 20:11:20 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 March 2010 17:51:35 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > > Do you experience this bug - KMail starts in session but before it's
> > > ready Akonadi says, it's stopping itself. KMail exits, has to be
> > > started manually again (same for KAddressBook) etc. Do we have bug
> > > report for this? Upstream bug report? My colleague next to me
> > > experience the same problem. If there's no bug, I'll report one.
> >
> > Yep... I experience this bug all the time. It essentially tells me it
> > can't  find some resource and then quits.
>
> And your resources are reported as set up in Akonadi Configuration?  Does
> the Personal Contacts resource exist in KAddressBook?
>
> Anne

Of course... Not only that, I had to reboot and when I did that and restarted
Akonadi I had suddenly 2 personal address books. I got rid of one of them and
things are OK. At least for the time being.

Also discoverd that my imap resources was not loaded. I added that and while
indexing Kontact crashed a couple of times. But it seems to be OK now and my
filters seem to have returned.

Eli

believed to be clean.