KAddressBook

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:35:37 UTC 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010 19:00:49 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 25 March 2010 17:50:25 Jan Simonson wrote:
> > torsdag 25 mars 2010 skrev John Aldrich:
> > > Is there ANY way to get KMail / KDEPIM to read KAddress Book? If not,
> > > how the heck are we supposed to create new address entries for KMail?
> > > I've followed the how-to in
> > > http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_and_AddressBook and I have everything
> > > set up as indicated there, but whenever I create a new entry in
> > > KAddress book, it never shows up in KMail when trying to browse for an
> > > address. What are we supposed to do, go through each and every entry
> > > in our KAddress Book and export them to VCF files and move them into
> > > the new directory so that KDEPIM can magically find them?
>
> That's what the migrator does - and if you have that directory and it has
> vcf file there, it's done its work.  Try
> http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook.

Hi,
To get a clear picture of my contacts after the migration I:
1) removed all "recently used addresses" in KMail (Settings -> Configure KMail
-> Composer -> Edit Recent Addresses ...)
2) Disable the 'old' Default Address book in KDE Resources (after adding the
Akonadi-resource)
3) Restart KMail to be sure no old addresses are left in memory.
4) (Re)moved all files in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc

I'm not sure if it's necessary, but I like to clean up old, not used stuff :-)

Hope this helps.

Martin Kho