Nepomuk/Strigi issue(?): files re-indexed after reboots & logins

Steven P. Ulrick fedora-kde at afolkey2.net
Thu Mar 25 20:36:16 UTC 2010

> Hello Again,
> 	I rebooted last night, and this morning I logged back in again.  The
> Nepomuk Store was still 3.2 GiB, but only approximately 417 files had
> been indexed!
> 	I will glad do what I can to figure out what is causing this issue.
> If I don't here from anyone in a few days or so,  I will just find out
> where this 3.2 GiB store is located, delete it, and disable Nepmuk.  That
> would be unfortunate, since for the brief time that it was actually
> working for me, it looked really interesting and useful.

Hello Everyone,
I just came home from work, and I checked the directories that Nepomuk was
indexing when I had left for work this morning.  Almost everything seemed
to have been scanned, and the metaday displayed as desired in Dolphin.

BUT, then I logged out and logged back in.  I did NOT reboot.  I then
discovered that  all of my metadata was gone.  It was there before I logged
out...

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Steven P. Ulrick