address book problems

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 16:34:26 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:

> We can not fix YOU!  If you are getting KOrganizer when you open
> KAddressBook you have done something incredibly stupid in the setup,
> and I can't imagine what it can be.  Please read the instructions again
> and try to follow them this time.

Anne, I don't believe you and I are ever going to see eye-to-eye on this
problem, so let me just say this: If the Userbase article were clear
instead of giving vague, general instructions, I might not have messed it
up.

Not to mention that if KDE 4.4 hadn't broken integration, it would be a
moot point to begin with!

I STILL have no freaking clue what I did, and I don't believe that going
back to the Userbase article is going to do me any good since there's a
very big lack of details on how to reintegrate KAB and KMail since KDE 4.4
broke that integration! I'm not going to try until someone posts detailed
instructions on how to fix it. At least I can look up addresses using the
"select" mechanism now, where I couldn't before.

I would appreciate it If you, or someone else, could advise when the
article on the Userbase site has been updated with detailed, step-by-step
directions and not "country cookin' recipe" style information (i.e. "until
it looks right" or "until it tastes right") which it is now, IMNSHO.