Nepomuk/Strigi issue(?): files re-indexed after reboots & logins

Steven P. Ulrick fedora-kde at afolkey2.net
Sun Mar 28 11:47:12 UTC 2010

> > > Hello Again,
> > >
> > > 	I rebooted last night, and this morning I logged back in again.
The

> > > Nepomuk Store was still 3.2 GiB, but only approximately 417 files had
> > > been indexed!
> > >
> > > 	I will glad do what I can to figure out what is causing this
issue.

> > > If I don't here from anyone in a few days or so,  I will just find
out
> > > where this 3.2 GiB store is located, delete it, and disable Nepmuk.
That
> > > would be unfortunate, since for the brief time that it was actually
> > > working for me, it looked really interesting and useful.
> >
> > Hello Everyone,
> > I just came home from work, and I checked the directories that Nepomuk
was
> > indexing when I had left for work this morning.  Almost everything
seemed
> > to have been scanned, and the metaday displayed as desired in Dolphin.
> >
> > BUT, then I logged out and logged back in.  I did NOT reboot.  I then
> > discovered that  all of my metadata was gone.  It was there before I
logged
> > out...
> >
> > Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
>
> Hi Steven,
>
> After login I see in .xsession-errors a lot of of the following messages:
>
> [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] removeAllStatements query: "clear graph
> <nepomuk:/ctx/...>"
>
> and in Dolpin all tags are gone. I don't know why this is happening.
>
> I also see an error:
> "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(3118)" Error in thread 140586742376512 :
"Parsing
> failed (3)": "syntax error at '"'" (line: 412, column: -1)
>
> I've no idea if these messages/error are relevant. Do you have this in
> .xsession-errrors?

Hello Martin,
Well, at the present moment I only have one of those in my .xsession-
errrors.  But, I have a multitude of these:
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] removeAllStatements query: "clear graph
<nepomuk:/ctx/feafe310-55fa-4d64-9f94-1711fb083e6f>"

I just did "grep removeAllStatements .xsession-errors" and sent the output
to a file.  The resulting file showed 4,910 occurances of "clear graph
<nepomuk:/ctx/feafe310-55fa-4d64-9f94-1711fb083e6f>" !!!

The most recent thing Nepomuk has been doing is just hanging in one
directory.  Not always in the same one, and not always on files of the same
type, but just hanging in one spot...

I Googled for "removeAllStatements query: "clear graph <nepomuk:" and I
found the following:
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-kde@lists.debian.org/msg30392.html

No one on the Debian list has responded to this persons message since it
was sent on March 7th.

I started this thread about 9 days ago, and yours (Martin) are the only
thread and disable Nepomuk on my system.

When/if anyone has any help for us with this issue, I will glady re-enable
Nepomuk.

Steven P. Ulrick