Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Mon May 3 22:21:13 UTC 2010

On Mon 3 May 2010 3:05:39 pm Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 20:05 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > > If people are going to reply to a post most of the members of this
> > > haven't seen, the least they could do is include a reference to the
> > > original message. This reply is meant for the Devel list. CC'ing it
> > > the Users list with no further information is not helpful.
> >
> > I crossposted my open letter to the devel and kde mailing lists, he
> > cross- posted his reply the same way, I don't see the problem.
>
> Your post to this list ("KDE on Fedora") didn't make it here. I never
> saw it in my Inbox and I can't find it in the list archives.
>
> BTW, one of the reasons to avoid cross-posting is that it makes it very
> hard to keep the threads straight. Some people reply on one list, some
> on another. For those of us who aren't on both, this quickly becomes
> unmanageable.

If it's pertinent to both lists, it should go to both lists. If your mail
client cant' properly thread them that's something you should fix. It
works just fine with kmail over here. But labelling it as somemone else's
mistake is kinda un-called-for, imo.

I'm sorry to hear Kevin isn't running for re-election, though I completely
understand his position. He'll still be an active force in the Fedora KDE
community, which is where I think is his best place -- being part of the
team that helps put together one of the most kick ass KDE distros around
:)

~Ryan

--
Ryan Rix