Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue May 4 22:57:29 UTC 2010

Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> I didn't receive the original message either. The thread on KDE list
> started with
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2010-May/006937.html
>
> which is a reply to the Kevin's post that actually *didn't* arrive to the
> KDE list. Patrick was just the first one to say it.
>
> I don't remember seeing the original post, and cannot find it in the KDE
> list archives (
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2010-May/thread.html ). So
> the problem lies either with the mailing system of the KDE list, or it is
> someone's mistake. But not Patrick's, nor Anne's nor mine.

Looks like it's a problem with the Gmane gateway, or with the kde mailing
list. I cross-posted it through Gmane and it shows up on both lists in
Gmane. But the way Gmane works is that if it receives the mail back from one
mailing list, it will add it to all newsgroups which show up in the headers,
even if it didn't receive the copy from the other mailing list. I have no
idea why the message didn't make it through to the KDE mailing list.

        Kevin Kofler