^C in Dolphin Terminal Panel

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue May 11 17:54:28 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 18:43:30 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 May 2010 18:19:23 Colin J Thomson wrote:

> > > I see it whenever I click my way into different folders.
> >
> > That's the key maybe? I also see it when I click folders, typing commands
> > in Dolphins terminal window is fine no ^C is echoed.
> >
> > F13/QT-4.7
> >
> > Colin
>
> Just by clicking through folders in Dolphin?  I tried that as well, but
> still don't see the ^C.  I have F13/qt4.7, as well.  Could something else
> be implicated?

I don't normally use the terminal in conjunction with Dolphin like this, so
maybe I'm missing something.  The terminal opens, as it should, in the
directory that Dolphin is viewing.  But then what?  As far as I can see,
clicking around in Dolphin has no effect whatsoever on the terminal.  Is there
some setting that makes it follow the Dolphin window?

Ah! Found it.  I was using Shift-F4, which opens a separate, full-size Konsole
window.  Using F4 alone gives me the attached-below Konsole, and there I see
the ^C on the line of the directory I'm leaving, followed by the cd command on
the next line.

Sorry if I added to the confusion.

KDE Community Working Group