Copy+Paste problem with Klipper

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:11:59 UTC 2010

Hello,
I use a 3rd party software as a reference manager for papers / articles from
http://www.mendeley.com/. As far as I know, the software is written in QT. The
program lets me to "Copy Latex Citation", which I can then paste to an editor,
e.g. Kile, as, for example "\cite{author2000}"

The only issue I have is: when I hit "Copy Latex Citation" from that program,
then open Klipper from taskbar (left click), I can see that the correct string
is put into klipper and it's at the top of the list. However, when I hit mouse
middle click on Kile to paste it, what shows up is always the previous thing
that is in the clipboard, i.e. the second thing on Klipper.

To work around this issue, I always have to explicitly select the first thing
in Klipper clipboard before I can paste. So I have to do:
1. hit "Copy Latex citation"
2. Open Klipper with left mouse click, see that the item is already there on
the clipboard as the first item
3. Explicitly left-click the first item on Klipper
4. Paste on Kile with middle click.

I wonder why 2 & 3 are necessary. This doesn't seem to happen with other
program. So, is the problem with Mendeley's software, or with Klipper ? If
it's the former, then why it shows up correctly on Klipper clipboard ? Isn't
"Paste" (middle click) suppose to put whatever it is on the first item on
Klipper ?

Thanks for any help.
AC