Status of Qt 4.7 and KDE 4.4.3 ?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu May 20 14:07:23 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 19:25:04 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 May 2010 17:54:59 you wrote:

> > > Did anyone find a solution to this?  Does downgrading break anything?
> >
> > I could not get to grips with QT's bugzilla so I downgraded to
> > qt-4.6.2-18 for the time being as I had some other issues with QT-4.7
> > beta
> >
> > All seems to be fine after the downgrade.
>
> Thanks.  I use folderviews frequently to access remote files.
> Re-configuring the top level view to alphabetical listing is a nuisance,
> but I could live with that.  Finding a single file in a subdirectory that
> could have 100+ files, totally unsorted, is beyond a joke.  I think it's
> time to downgrade.

Hmm - there was an upgrade yesterday and one today, neither of which fixed the
issue.  Attempting to downgrade tries to take out all of KDE and a few more
packages as well.  Can someone please show me how to get back to 4.6 without
having to uninstall everything and re-install it?

KDE Community Working Group