Copy+Paste problem with Klipper

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Fri May 21 02:00:41 UTC 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010 05:33:55 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 May 2010 20:17:13 Garry Williams wrote:
> > The buffer called selection is filled whenever text is selected.  A
> > middle mouse click will paste from this buffer.
> >
> > The buffer called clipboard is filled by hitting CTRL-X or CTRL-C.
> > The CTRL-V key pastes from the clipboard buffer.
> >
> > Klipper's settings dialog allows you to synchronize the contents of
> > these two buffers.
>
> That is how I remember it.  Unfortunately, "The buffer called selection is
> filled whenever text is selected.  A  middle mouse click will paste from
> this buffer." is no longer the case - at least not for me, and not for
> others that I've seen report problems.

I've tried the "Synchronized ..." option, and now in some cases mouse middle
click won't paste anything, eventhough I see the content I want to paste there
in the klipper when I open it. I have to manually click it in the klipper
before I can paste again with middle mouse click. Unfortunately, this behavior
is not fully reproducible...

AC