^C in Dolphin Terminal Panel

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri May 21 09:40:50 UTC 2010

Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 May 2010 00:57:24 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>> Yes, of course it was always there :-) That is the correct command for
>> changing directories. It is the ^C that was never there before.
>
> Looks like a bug to me.

It's not a bug. It's an important bugfix! If you have "rm -rf " typed in
your terminal and Dolphin enters "cd something" and ENTER, boom! This has
already lead to real-world data loss for some people! There's an upstream
bug filed for this, and I guess they finally fixed that now. Typing "cd
somedir" into a random command's prompt is also going to do no good, Ctrl+C
also protects against that.

        Kevin Kofler