^C in Dolphin Terminal Panel

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:27:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Eli Wapniarski wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 11 May 2010 00:57:24 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>>> Yes, of course it was always there :-) That is the correct command for
>>> changing directories. It is the ^C that was never there before.
>>
>> Looks like a bug to me.
>
> It's not a bug. It's an important bugfix! If you have "rm -rf " typed in
> your terminal and Dolphin enters "cd something" and ENTER, boom! This has
> already lead to real-world data loss for some people! There's an upstream
> bug filed for this, and I guess they finally fixed that now. Typing "cd
> somedir" into a random command's prompt is also going to do no good, Ctrl+C
> also protects against that.

I think a real fix would be not to change the directory at all. If I
want to change a directory in a terminal I can (and I should) do it
myself.

If I want to have a prompt in the terminal that starts in the
directory, which I changed to in dolphin, I can just open a new one
with F4.

The changing directory "feature" is why I use F4 in dolphin very rarely.

Orcan