Status of Qt 4.7 and KDE 4.4.3 ?

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun May 23 11:31:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

I don't like to see people struggle hence my comment(s) to use *Smart*
As we do a lot of testing here it is very very easy to downgrade using its
gui, here is an example from the CLI:

*Note*: I use the download option as my packages are not kept.. must change
that :) I start by just downloading qt-4.6*

[g6avk at localhost ~]$ sudo smart download qt-4.6*
Updating cache...
##################### [100%]
Fetching packages...
-> http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-
redhat/fedora/13/i386/testing/RPMS/qt-4.6.2-19.fc13.i686.rpm
qt-4.6.2-19.fc13.i686.rpm
##################### [100%]

[g6avk at localhost ~]$ sudo smart install *qt-4.6*
Updating cache...
##################### [100%]

Computing transaction...

Downgrading packages (4):
qt-1:4.6.2-19.fc13 at i686                qt-mysql-1:4.6.2-19.fc13 at i686
qt-sqlite-1:4.6.2-19.fc13 at i686      qt-x11-1:4.6.2-19.fc13 at i686

Removing packages (2):
qt-assistant-adp-4.6.2-1.fc13 at i686
qt-webkit-1:4.7.0-0.13.beta1.fc13.jit at i686

20.9MB of package files are needed. 15.6MB will be freed.

Confirm changes? (Y/n): y

Fetching packages...

<Snip>

[100%]