KDE 4.4.80 and PyKDE4

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 11:17:44 UTC 2010

2010/5/27 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> I haven't managed to do the update yet as I was hoping that my problem was an
> incomplete mirror update.  I'm getting
>
> Sip-broken could not solve problems
> Error: Package: kdebase-workspace-python-applet-4.4.80-2.fc13.i686 (kde-
> unstable)
>
>        Requires: PyKDE4 >= 4.4.80
>        Installed: PyKDE4-4.4.3-1.fc13.1.i686 (@kde-testing)
>        Available  PyKDE4-4.4.2-1 fc13.i686 (fedora)
> You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
> I did.   Exactly the same happens again.  What now?

Rex's announcement said that kdebindings is currently not compiling. I
believe PyKDE4 is a part of kdebindings which in turn means that the
beta doesn't (yet) have python support. We just have to wait a little
while until a fix is found. In the meantime you can just yum remove
kdebase-workspace-python-applet for the moment and reinstall it when
kdebindings is fixed.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...