akademy coming up soon...

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri May 28 17:12:19 UTC 2010

Just a friendly reminder that this years' akademy kde conference is
coming up soon, held in Tampere, Finland 3-10th July 2010

quoting from http://akademy.kde.org/

If you are
     * a KDE contributor,
     * a member of another related Free Software project,
     * an industry partner of the KDE community
     * or generally interested in what is planned for the future of the
free and open source desktop

Akademy is the event to get to know the KDE community. It provides a
great opportunity to meet likeminded people, to discuss and share ideas,
learn about the latest desktop technology and more.

I'd strongly encourage anyone able to attend, to do so.  It is a
fabulous way to meet folks, listen to all the great talks, eat lunch and
rub elbows with all the kde rock stars.

I was reminded of this, while finalizing my own summer plans, and having
to finally concede that I won't be able to go myself.  I'd still like to
see and hear about a good fedora presence, and am looking forward to
hearing all the stories.

That all said, I do have a firm goal in mind to make sure I get to the
next camp akademy  (n america), as well as FUDCon Arizona (hopefully).

-- Rex