kdm problems on f13 update

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat May 29 18:07:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 11:41 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010, Neal Becker wrote:
>
> > Remaining problems:
> >
> > * nm-applet does not start automatically (used to on f12)
>
> knetworkmanager is used by default in f13 instead.

I also updated from F12 to F13. nm-applet is not started, but the
network is up (NetworkManager is running). Also, knetworkmanager was not
installed during the update process.

I'm coming to the conclusion that "update" doesn't mean what I thought.
Instead of meaning "install new stuff and remove old stuff which it
functionally replaces" it seems to mean "replace already installed stuff
with the newest versions of the same stuff". I'm not saying this is
always wrong, it's just not what I expected.

poc