f13 and pulseaudio

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Sun May 30 15:05:20 UTC 2010

Fabio Canepa wrote:

> Hi,
> I've installed f13 on my dell latitude d620 and the sound is working but I
> cannot understand if pulseaudio is working or not.
> Inside the multimedia section in systemsetting I see only "Internal Analog
> Stereo device" but if I start pavucontrol I can
> see the application's stream while I playing some music.
> If I look inside syslog and don't see error related to pulseaudio but I
> see only this:
> May 30 08:47:17 f13fabio pulseaudio[2072]: pid.c: Daemon already running.
>
> How to check if pulse is working and how to add "Pulse Audio Sound Sever"
> inside systemsettings as with f12 ?
>
> Thanx!

I still have same problem with f13 that I had on f12 (with recent f12
updates).

pa is not started correctly @ login, although it says it's running.  If I
kill it, and the start-pulseaudio-kde it doesn't work.  If I kill it again,
then start with pulseaudio --start it works.

Works here is defined as shows pa in kde system/multimedia.