kde-4.5.2 - kde-plasma-yawp problem

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Mon Oct 4 06:01:48 UTC 2010

On Monday 04 October 2010 00:24:26 Colin J Thomson wrote:
> On Sunday 3 October 2010 20:07:59 Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Just updated to 4.5.2 and had a slight problem with plasma crashing at
> > > start up, it turns out kde-plasma-yawp was the problem:
> > >
> > > ##
> > > plasma-desktop: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/kde4/ion_accuweather.so:
> > > undefined symbol: _ZN12IonInterface14resetCompletedEPS_b
> > > <unknown program name>(24314)/: Communication problem with
> > >
> > >  "plasma-desktop" , it probably crashed.
> > >
> > > ##
> > >
> > > Removing kde-plasma-yawp and plasma-desktop started fine, all is
> > > looking good..
> > >
> > > kde-plasma-yawp.i686 0:0.3.4-1.fc13
> > > qt-4.7.0-5.fc13.i686
> >
> > This is my bad. kde-plasma-yawp-0.3.4-2 contains the fix for KDE-4.5.
> > But it is only built for Fedora 14 and above. I should have let the
> > kde-redhat folks know. You can grab the SRPM from Koji and build it
> > for Fedora 13 yourself.
>
> Sadly It fails to build, I'm guessing because I am using QT-4.7, I'll leave
> it to the experts :)
>
> Colin

Builds here just fine on x86_64. Colin.... You probably have a missing
dependancy for the build. However, It does not seem to be able to connect to
Google, Environment Canada, or NOAA. Other services seem to be fine.

Oh... One annoyance. If you cancel a search in the middle and return to the
Add City dialog box the search button is greyed out until you retype a city.

Eli

believed to be clean.