kmix not handling multiple audio devices correctly in 4.5?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Oct 4 13:39:31 UTC 2010

Andreas Petzold wrote:

> I'm running kde 4.5.1 on F13. If I plug in a usb sound device, audio
> output switches to the usb device since I've set the usb device to be
> preferred in phonon system settings. However, kmix doesn't switch the
> master channel to the preferred device. I can switch the kmix master
> channel manually, but I would expect that this will happen automatically.
>
> Is anyone else seeing a similar problem, or do I have a botched
> pulse/phonon/... config?

colin guthrie recently mentioned some kde-related patches for pulseaudio,
http://colin.guthr.ie/2010/09/some-kde-pulseaudio-bugfixes/
which haven't been integrated into fedora yet.

My recent queries to lennart (our pa maintainer/dev) about this have gone
unanswered, so I'll try pinging him again.

-- Rex